If your School, Business, Facility does not have in place an Active Shooter Situational Awareness Training Plan in place…STOP, READ and then contact Top Gun Body Guard and Security Consulting!
You as an employer/business owner, have an obligation and duty to have an Active Shooter Plan in place that will help protect all who studies, works, and comes on to your premises.
When Law Enforcement arrives, some ideas on what to do, expect, and not to do will be discussed. Also, what types of information to provide to the police once interviewed.
ACTIVE SHOOTER SITUATIONAL PLANNING:
When an active shooting takes place, everyone is in a crisis mode. Knowing what to do and what not to do can help not only save your life, but also those people around you. Although no one wants to picture an active shooter situation, being prepared is your best line of defense for staying safe and preventing serious injury and/or death. In an era when senseless killings seem to be far too common, the question is: “if you’re the victim of an active shooter, will you know what to do?”
A persons three options to survive an active shooter situation is to either RUN, HIDE or FIGHT!
- Have an escape route and plan in mind
- Leave your belongings behind
- Evacuate regardless of whether others wish to or not
- Help others escape, if possible, and DO NOT attempt to move the wounded people
- Prevent others from entering an area where the active shooter may be
- Always keep your hands visible and call 911 when it is SAFE to do so!
- Hide in an area out of the shooter’s view/sight
- Lock the door or block the entry to your hiding place with heavy items
- SILENCE YOUR CELL PHONE (including the vibrate mode) and REMAIN QUIET
- Try to find something “SOLID” to hide behind!
Some of our Active Shooter Situational Awareness Training course includes:
Profiles of an Active Shooter at the Workplace and potential behaviors/characteristics of a potential active shooter.
Run: A person’s window to escape is very short/limited,
Hide: Specific tips on what to do or not to do when hiding,
Fight: When your life depends on it…Things to use as weapons.